Financiar una biblioteca pública está en la boleta electoral de noviembre. Los votantes de Keizer tendrán la oportunidad de votar para decidir si financiar una biblioteca pública. Actualmente, la Biblioteca Comunitaria de Keizer es una organización sin fines de lucro apoyada por voluntarios y donaciones.
Keizer Community Library currently meets all qualifications to become a public library, except the requirement that half the library’s budget must come from public funds. Passage of the November ballot measure would satisfy this requirement.
Frequently asked questions are answered on the “YES for Keizer Public Library” PAC website, found here: www.yesforkeizerpubliclibrary.org.
What a Public Library Status Means for Keizer:
- More open hours at the library
- Trained professional staff including a children’s librarian
- Books selected and purchased to meet our community’s needs
- Annual funding for children’s literary programs
- More programs and events at the library
- Eligible for State Library of Oregon support such as grants, databases, consulting, and education