Volunteer Opportunities at the Keizer Community Library
- Circulation desk includes meeting and greeting patrons, checking items in and out, accepting donations, assisting patrons with computers and other issues, shelving returns and new items. This position is usually a 3 hour shift once a week. Volunteers work in pairs.
- Book sales – We have 2 fund-raising book sales a year. One during the Iris Festival (May) and another in the Fall (October). We need cashiers, people to set up for the sale, people to assist patrons during the sale, and people to box up the items not purchased after the sale.
- Children’s Program. This can consist of facilitating a book circle, being a reader, helper, or working the Circulation Desk at the start and finish of Story Times. The book circles meet once a month during the summer. Story Time is once a week on Thursdays during the summer.
- Donations/Sponsorship/Grant Writing. We need people with experience in applying for grants and networking for sponsors so that we can receive the necessary funding to keep our doors open and keep on expanding our services to our patrons.
- Event Assistant – We hold fund-raiser events during the year and need volunteers to help plan and execute these events.
- Selection and Cataloging – We receive many donations and volunteers are needed to sort and catalog items we are including in our library inventory. Volunteers are also needed to box and store items that are retained for our twice yearly book sales.
- Committee membership – We have several committees which meet on a regular basis to brainstorm ideas to improve our organization. They cover recruiting and training volunteers, the Children’s Program, a Finance committee, a promotions/marketing committee, an IT (technical) committee, a Patrons Management committee and a Collections Management Committee (which determines the systems used in determining the content of the library).
- Board of Directors – We solicit a diverse Board membership and encourage interested persons to apply.
Training will be provided.
* * * * *
If you are interested in any of the above, visit the Library to fill out a Volunteer Application Form at the circulation desk or call (503) 390-2370 during Library open hours.
Or you can click here for the Volunteer Application Form - you can print it, fill it out, and drop it by the Library.
Volunteers who have regular access to Library patrons and Board members must also complete a Request for Oregon Criminal History Information form so that a criminal background check can be completed by the Library.
We look forward to having you join our volunteer team!